Thursday, November 16, 2006

Taking African American Baby Shower Invitations Seriously

An addition to a family is an exciting venture for everyone involved. It is only fitting that the party that celebrates the future appearance of the little one be one that embraces his or her heritage. African American baby shower invitations are designed to welcome a child while showing great pride for his heritage as well.

We all have seen the adorable icons used in most baby shower invitations. Little feet sticking out from beneath pink and blue blankets really warm the heart. However, not every baby will have Caucasian feet. African American baby shower invitations are created to recognize the child’s ethnicity while embracing traditional baby shower themes.

One of my favorite African American baby shower invitations is the sweet pea design. Nothing is cuter than a baby pea in a pod and the diverse ethnic elements available in the sweet pea invites make the whole thing extra special. If you are expecting multiple births you may want to consider this adorable design as well.

The sweet peas in a pod offer designs that recognize multiple births as well. Even moms who are expecting triplets can use these beautiful cards for her special day. The sweet peas are picture perfect in this thoughtful design and it just makes you want to hug the little darlings. What a wonderful way to send your friends and family warm invites.

When I was young I was often discouraged by the fact that few dolls and just about no television characters looked at all like me. Today’s woman of color should have the same choices in designs that her white counterparts have. Fortunately, many designers are taking African American baby shower invitations seriously.

You can find a number of lovely images that offer diverse options for everyone who is in the market. However, it is nice to see some special African American baby shower invitations that are created just for our heritage. I love that I don’t have to purchase vague, universal invitations for my very special event like many ethnic mothers did before me.

Bringing a new baby into the world is an exciting venture that is filled with pride and anticipation. I love that I can show my pride in something as simple as my invitations that I choose for the special day. As new African American baby shower invitations are designed I wonder how many more options my daughter will have in the future.

0 Comments: